Tuesday 25 May 2010

May 25th 2010 Day 14

Grown-up politics...

Call me childish if you like, tell me this is a new time of grown-up politics, but I will still disagree with this particular coalition's policies and approach. Yes, they've 'compromised' and yes, I'd like to think they genuinely believe in this Brave New World, but I for one am immensely disappointed with the Lib Dems in particular - a party I always respected for their integrity and principle.

I just can't believe that this sudden about-turn over policy is the result of some strangely accelerated 'maturing' process that affected Mr Cameron, Mr Clegg and their respective parties during the period between the results coming in and the forming of the coalition. Doesn't expediency and the desire to gain and hold on to secure power sound more credible?

Opinionated...

If holding strong beliefs and principles, and being proud to stand up for them makes me opinionated, then I'm guilty as charged. In the words of Tony Benn, I'd far rather be a signpost than a weather-vane.

No comments:

Post a Comment